And just like that, my first full cyclocross season has come and gone! Okay, maybe it didn’t go by that quickly. I definitely felt the fatigue and mental wear towards the end of the season. Four straight weekends of relentlessly soul-sucking mud that put Dementors to shame had me wishing I hadn’t begged for mud during the toasty grass crits of September.
In the end, fun was had, pictures were taken, and many friends were made (many because pictures were taken). I have to say, it’s a lot more fun actually having people personally cheer/heckle you during a race! Thanks a ton to the Phenom & Team Yacht Club crews for letting chill with y’all at the races. The entire TXCX scene is so good! Sososo good, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Goals achieved this season:
- Race a lot [CHECK!]
- 8 separate weekends, 12 days of racing, 17 races
- Finish consistently in Top 50% [CHECK!]
- All 9 of my Cat 4/5 races were top half, finishing Top 10 in several of the local races!
Next season’s goals:
- Start earning those Upgrade Points! That means at least Top 6’s in the larger races.
- Upgrade to Cat 3 by season’s end
- Get better at the technical stuff
- Bring a non-CX-racing friend to a CX race
- I want a Traitor Crusade frame…
- Not sure if this counts as a goal
I can’t believe I’m saying this now, but I’m looking forward to putting some miles on the road again! No more power washing my bike every week. Phew.
That being said, here are some of my favorite shots from this season!